Sunday, April 4, 2010

Easter

Well, this past week has been tough. At the beginning of the week, I was suppose to get together with a friend but a better offer came up so she cancelled with me. It's happened a few times and really makes me feel as though she'll only get together if there is nothing better to do. So, since I was angry, what did I do... that's right, I ate. I really need to figure out how to overcome the emotional eating. I don't even enjoy what I'm eating but I still eat.

Visited with some family yesterday. We got there and they had already ordered Chinese food. It was delicious but I over ate and last night my body told me exactly what it thought of putting all that fried, greasy food into it. Not sure if this is correct but I look at it like this. If I ate greasy fried foods a lot then my body would be used to it. Since it didn't have a nice reaction, maybe I'm eating better than I thought and just need to cut back on a few things.

I also decided that in order to lose weight I really need to start exercising. I try at home, the treadmill, exercise tapes,... you know how it goes, you do it for a couple of days and as soon as you take a day off, that's it for weeks or maybe even months before you get back on. Well, this time I decided to join an exercise class. A friend is doing research at Quincy College and has a research exercise class for adults. Since I know her and know that she makes everyone feel comfortable and not ashamed of themselves, I decided to take part. Granted, it's a haul to go from Gloucester to Quincy three times a week but I will feel more accoutable to a friend than to a stranger. Classes start tomorrow. I'll let you all know how it goes. If you want to check it out, she has a facebook page about the program, http://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref=home#!/event.php?eid=352211584844

If you haven't guessed by now, I did gain a couple of pounds this week but I'm sure with the exercise starting, I'll be able to loose it quickly. The key is to stop the upward climb NOW and get back on track as soon as possible.

With that said, I'm heading down to my brother's for Easter. I am allowing myself to have dessert but only one. Wish me luck, and Happy Easter to all who celebrate it.

No comments:

Post a Comment