Friday, April 30, 2010

Confession of a coffee-aholic

Now that I'm exercising 6 days a week, I'm feeling pretty good about myself. But there is one item that I have been in denial about for a very, very long time... coffee. I say I only drink 2 cups a day. Of course I don't mention that those two cups are actually travel mugs that hold 16 oz. I make half a pot (6 cups according the coffee machine) of coffee (30 oz of water) every morning. Yes, I know, that is actually a lot more than my 2 cups. I really like to sit and watch the news while I drink my coffee and eat my peanut butter chocolate chip meal bar. What could be better than starting your day with coffee, peanut butter, and chocolate... YUM!

The last few mornings my stomach has been acting up... all you coffee drinkers know what I mean, the indegestion and running for the bathroom. I'm thinking it's my body telling me that I'm contradicting my exercise with all that unwanted and unneeded caffiene. So starting tomorrow, I'll be making half the amount of coffee, one travel mug, or 3 cups, or 15 oz of water however you want to state it and replacing the second cup of coffee with herbal tea. I actually like herbal tea, no calories, no sweetners, no coffiene, just water, herbs, and flowers. We'll see how that goes and maybe someday I can get off the coffee all together.

An interesting fact about coffee, it actually makes you hungry. Not sure how but I do remember learning that drinking coffee can make you feel hungry which in turn makes you want to eat more. Maybe that is why I seem to want to eat so much in the mornings. Some mornings I can't seem to satisfy the need to eat. Notice I didn't say satisfy the hunger. I'm not hungry, I just have a need to eat. Of course that could be a result of some underlying phsycological issue... nay, I just like the sensation of eating.

I need to go back and check the last couple of postings. I can't remember if I told you about the Couch to 5K (C25K)program that I started this week. Tomorrow will be the completion of the first week. I'll explain more about it in the post.

No comments:

Post a Comment